Audio Hijack and WordPress Experiment

I recorded my experimental zero-edit, zero-post-production show this morning. It’s very short by my standards, less than 10 minutes. Since I’m using the unregistered version of Audio Hijack Pro, at 10 minutes some godawful static is overlaid – you can hear it in the last seconds of this episode.

It worked pretty well overall. It will take a little time to get a feel for how to use the levels. Since all the inputs I’m using are actually “effects”, I don’t get a nice bouncing meter level and am instead doing it by ear in real time. That’s the downside. The upside is that when I finished recording the show, I was publishing it 5 minutes later. I think that gain is enough that whatever hiccups it has in the audio makes it worthwhile. Let me know what y’all think.

The tricky part is going to be getting WordPress and my bittorrent to work together. It is supposed to automatically make any MP3s you link to an enclosure, but that’s not what I want. I want the bittorrent to be the enclosure of the main feed. I looked in the PHP code of WordPress for the enclosure making bit so I could hack it, but never did see what makes this happen. We’ll see what can be done.

One Reply to “Audio Hijack and WordPress Experiment”

  1. Dave, I just listened with interest to your Audio Hijack Pro experiment. It sounded pretty good but it seems like you have the same problems I have had with getting really good sounding music clips. The tune you played was OK but the sound quality not that great. I guess it will take some tweaking to get a good EQ with music. I would think that the software would come with a default to a good all around setting for playing tunes.

    Keep it up. I’ll keep listening. I think The 32 buck is worth the price. Even just to experiment.

    Jones

Comments are closed.