Clambake Episode for June 9, 2005

Posted on June 9, 2005
Filed Under audio | 7 Comments

Here is the Bittorrent link and direct MP3 download for the EGC clambake for June 9, 2005.

I talk about being low energy; I have a VOIP box in my house, named “the Batphone”; I play a song from Chub Creek about how poor I am at answering email; I talk about passing on the Spoleto festival; I play a clip from Echo Radio; I play an “evil genius” song from Jonathan Coulton; I give Adam from the MacCast static about his trepidation for taking ads; I mention the Rob Glaser streaming deal; and finally I play a hilariously raunchy song by Jonathan Coulton.

This episode is sponsored in part by the fine folks at iPodderX! Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package.

This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 1.0.

Links mentioned in this episode:

PlayPlay
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments

7 Responses to “Clambake Episode for June 9, 2005”

1. Jim on June 9th, 2005 9:27 pm

Hey,

I dont thing the http://www.evilgeniuschronicles.org/audio/egc-2005-06-09.mp3 link is working. I’m gonna try using the BT link, but I thought I’d say something.

JIM

3. dave on June 9th, 2005 9:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Dumbass lost control of the date, so the files are named differently than the link.

5. Georgia/Caribbean Free Radio on June 10th, 2005 4:34 pm

Dave:

You might want to take a look at Hugo Schotman’s Audio Hijack zero latency setup at http://log.hugoschotman.com/hugo/2005/05/zero_latency_st.html

I haven’t tried it myself but it may just work for you.

Best,
    Georgia

7. Rick on June 10th, 2005 6:00 pm

Dave, I enjoy listening to your podcasts and do so often. It strongly upset me to hear you attack a friend of mine. That is not an appropriate judgement to make without knowing someone. I hope he has not heard this, nor will anyone bring this to his attention. To my understanding he works non-stop on his podcast and is very enthusiastic about the people he is able to bring on the show. Maybe next time you can try constructive criticism in person, instead of podcasting an attack.

your dedicated listener,
    Rick

9. dave on June 10th, 2005 8:34 pm

Rick, that was absolutely not meant as an attack. I believe I said that I liked the interview and thought he was doing good work, but needs to learn how to end a question lest he kill the energy of an interview. I know this empirically first-hand, for I have killed the energy of many a good interview. I believe I said that I also wrestle with the same problem and cringe when I listen back to my portions of interviews. I meant it as constructive, so I think perhaps you might be being a little overly sensitive on your friend’s behalf. I really don’t understand the in-person part of your comment. I can only talk about people that live in Myrtle Beach, since I can only talk about people in person? Color me baffled.

Seriously, give it a day, sleep on it, and relisten to that and tell me if you think it is an attack or merely illustrative of something that I think is a common problem that many people that do interviews – including first and foremost myself – have.

Thanks for your support as a listener. I too will also relisten to that portion and see if it came off in the spirit I meant it.

11. Don on June 10th, 2005 10:51 pm

My Gosh….that Coulton song “1st of May.” Hilarious. Just about the most subversive song I’ve ever heard. It sounds so sweet and cuddly, and then the offbeat raunchy lyrics kick in and your like: “What the f— did he just say?”

I skipped through the first song and was about to speed up 1st of May when that lyric kicked in. Wow. I’m going back to the first song now.

Dave, I buy a lot of the music you turn us onto. Not sure about this one yet…..it is almost too much to play at work or home. But its good. Jeez….

Don

13. Tilted Edge on June 12th, 2005 2:38 pm

That’s increbile that your logo is behind Jobs. Bring back the EGC logo!