Clambake Episode for August 5, 2005

Posted on August 5, 2005
Filed Under audio | 6 Comments

Here is the Bittorrent link and direct MP3 download for the EGC clambake for August 5, 2005.

I play a song by Bullet Called Life and talk about them thanking me for playing them; I talk about the punditosphere as represented on IT Conversations; I play a bit from the “X-Rated Hour of Slack”; I play a bluesy song by Michelle Malone and boogie.

Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package.

This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 1.0.

Links mentioned in this episode:

PlayPlay
Tags: , , ,

Comments

6 Responses to “Clambake Episode for August 5, 2005”

1. Brooklyn Bluesman on August 6th, 2005 3:42 am

Hi Dave,
    Interesting show-good ear for the tunes! You’re a naughty boy and a funny one-good paste up on Star trek! Hmm, have your wife and my wife been talking?:)

Can you do a gout-safe version(can’t eat clams they’re high in purine content) of EGC? If not fuess I’ll just have to eat a peach!

Good job buddy.

3. James on August 6th, 2005 12:46 pm

That was awesome. You know, I had always felt a certain tension between Kirk and Spock, now I understand it.

It also explains their fashion sense. Tight clothes and boots. That should have been a dead giveaway.

5. Eddie Dickey on August 6th, 2005 11:57 pm

I liked your segment on the pundits. I’ve not listened to the last 8 minutes of the podcast yet – but wanted to comment about experts who have no experience. What’s up with that? Put out a podcast and then talk about it – join the community. This is participatory culture, not the old silo monolitic top down world! Know what I’m sayin’ ya’ll..

7. Don on August 7th, 2005 10:12 pm

I’ve been listening to Hour of Slack for awhile now, since you have mentioned it before on previous shows. It kind of reminds me a little bit of a contemporary Firesign Theatre. What I really dig about it is all the eclectic music….man, they play everything from old, weird 40’s music to honky-tonkin’ bluegrass to punk rock. That is cool. It can kinda drive you crazy, though….pretty insane.

This reminds me to mention the shows you did awhile back on Global Frequency. I got intrigued and downloaded the bittorent file (I don’t even know what the Hell that is….but it took me a friggin’ 17 hours to get the file downloaded!!!) I thought it was ok, but it didn’t drive me as wild as it did you. I was a big XFiles fan before that show “jumped the shark” and Global reminded me of a decent XFile episode. It was kinda like Matrix crossed with XFiles. It still woulda been way cooler than 98% of all the crap on the tube, though….you are right about that!

dt

9. Tilted Edge on August 7th, 2005 11:49 pm

Bittorent is unbearable, especially if you are used to a decent usenet server.

11. Sam Abuelsamid on August 8th, 2005 9:20 pm

Dave that Star Trek piece is absolutley brilliant. This is kind of stuff that makes indie podcasting so wonderful and worthwhile. Please don’t ever stop because whneever I listen to your show it makes me think and feel. That is something mainstream media rarely does.