Marjane Satrapi at Coastal Carolina University

Posted on October 20, 2005
Filed Under video | 17 Comments

Marjane Satrapi at Coastal Carolina University

The newest videoblog is up. This one is more serious, the closest to journalism I’ve done yet in video. It is a short, about 6 minute interview I did with artist and writer Marjane Satrapi while she was in town to speak at the college.

Tags:

Comments

17 Responses to “Marjane Satrapi at Coastal Carolina University”

1. Tilted Edge on October 21st, 2005 8:18 pm

It streamed perfectly on my slow DSL. The opening of the books was too long. I enjoyed the music. You made too many “right” and “uh hmm” interjections while she was speaking which I found distracting. Your mouth was closer to the mic and any sound you made really stood out. The resolution was acceptable to me. It’s great what you can do with a so called “disposable” camera.

3. Brooklyn Bluesman on October 23rd, 2005 9:54 pm

I just got video to download-was hanging up a couple of days back when I first tried. Very impressive job-totally natural, Ms. Satrapi was eating the whole way through. Re: Technical comment above-is there any way possible for future interviews for you to have the interviewee recorded on your MD recorder and then better balance mix later? In any case, very satisfying interview with decent picture quality, production, etc. Very succesful “maiden voyage.”

5. lotusmedia 2.0 » Marjane Satrapi at Coastal Carolina University | Ourmedia on October 26th, 2005 9:26 am

[…] Dave Slusher of Evil Genius Chronicles (cool blog and podcast) interviewed Marjane Satrapi author/illustrator of the brilliant, moving, informative, and all-around-wonderful book Persepolis. The book is about her childhood growing up in the middle of turbulent Iran in the 70’s. When I read the last page of Persepolis I just sat and had a good, hard cry. I was sitting next to my beloved on an airplane at the time, but he had read it too, so he understood. In fact he’s the one who told me to read it – what a wonderful man. […]

7. Evil Genius Chronicles » Public Radio and Podcasting on October 27th, 2005 8:45 am

[…] lotusmedia 2.0: Marjane Satrapi at Coastal Carolina University | Ourmedia […]

9. PotatoStew on October 28th, 2005 9:26 am

“Very impressive job-totally natural, Ms. Satrapi was eating the whole way through.”

You say that like it’s a good thing.

11. Tunggal P on January 5th, 2006 12:20 am

Hello friend,

My name is Tunggal from Indonesia. Well, i like her very much…and you did a great job too.
    Mmmh, could you help me to get her email address? I really need it coz i want to translate her work into Indonesian Language, and publish it here (we have almost similar situasion). Thank you very much if you reply this to my email.

In solidarity

Tunggal

Reg

13. diane on March 23rd, 2006 12:03 am

hello,
    I’m Diane from Indonesia, Marjane Satrapi is my favorite auteur. Can u give me her email i need it becoze i have to analyse her comic Persepolis Tome 1 , this is for my homework at university. Please i really need it this for my future

Merci,

diane

15. dave on March 23rd, 2006 8:16 am

My Indonesian friends, I don’t have her email address. I just interviewed her for 4 minutes when I was in the same room as her, I don’t know her or keep in touch with her.

17. davoud on May 9th, 2007 6:45 am

hi
    i m iranian writer and jornalist .i like have a dialoge whith m.satrapi . if you have it .may i have hers email
    thanks

19. nyx on December 5th, 2007 8:49 am

Do you know how the organizers persuaded her to come to the University? I am from a university down south and we were thinking of inviting satrapi but we gave it up before we started since she lives in france.

21. alek hunter on April 25th, 2008 1:57 pm

Hello
    how can i contact with marjan satrapi
    thanks for your help and your replay

23. Persepolis | Evil Genius Chronicles on September 17th, 2008 12:08 pm

[…] a reminder, here’s the short video interview Marjane was kind enough to do with me a few years back when she was in […]

25. roseli costa on February 28th, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi, I’m movie critic’s and journalist from Brazil and I need e-mail adress Marjane Satrapi. Can you help me?I have few time to make an interview with her. Thank you very, very much.

27. Bira Dantas on May 10th, 2009 8:56 am

Good morning!
    I am a brazilian cartoonist and I’m trying to get Marjane Satrapi’s e-mail.
    My sister is making a University Theses and wants to interview the great Comics creator!
    Do you know her e-mail?
    Could give me it?
    Thanks
    Best regards from Brazil

29. susan digirolamo on June 14th, 2009 5:18 pm

My father worked in Iran and brought home a beautiful hand pounded tray (2.5’x4′ approx). Supposedly the artist told the story of Persepolis in this tray. I would love to know the story and would appreciate it if Marjane could tell it or if she could suggest somebody who could. My father loved the country and was forced to evacuate because of the Shah’s demise…he managed to bring this beautiful work of art home. He died about 10 years ago and I am in possesion of it. Thank you very much!

31. Katharina Brenner on July 28th, 2009 5:06 am

Hi Im from the jewish theatre austria and i’d like to ask Marjana Satrapi, who made a great film, a few questions about her work and her opinion. i’d like to get in contact with her, can you help me and write me her mail adress? it would be great, because its really important for me to get in contact with her!

thanks, kathi

33. dave on July 28th, 2009 11:46 am

OK, Once and for all I have no contact information for Marjane Satrapi. I’m closing comments on this one particular post and will be deleting any emails people send asking for her information. I don’t have it, and even if I did I wouldn’t want to be responsible for giving it to you. I recommend her publisher and possibly her publicist, but asking random people that have interviewed someone for interviewees information is uncool. You are asking them to behave unethically for your convenience.