EGC Clambake For May 2, 2006

Posted on May 3, 2006
Filed Under audio | 6 Comments

Here is the Bittorrent link and direct MP3 download for the EGC clambake for May 2, 2006.

I play a song from Ted Leo and the Pharmacists; I play the first part of my interview with Robert X. Cringely of Nerd TV, PBS, books, columns, etc; we break for a song from The Old Ceremony; the remainder of the interview with Cringely; I play a song by Mieka Pauley and then that’s it.

You can subscribe to this feed via RSS.

To sponsor the show, contact BackBeat Media. Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package. This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5.

Links mentioned in this episode:

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

6 Responses to “EGC Clambake For May 2, 2006”

1. Brooklyn Bluesman on May 3rd, 2006 7:10 am

Hmm, this sudden burst of prolificacy has me concerned-Uplifters SC, RBoom hit, AFish death and resurrection, success at work, and 2 clambakes within days of each other? Is this a tease or should we grow to expect this? Glad you’re experiencing some good smooth strokes-your diiligence is paying off.

3. Mike Larocque on May 5th, 2006 7:15 am

Dave,

“This is it?!?!”

Dave, I have to concur with Robert. I was just getting warmed up. Great interview, btw. So, if you’re only 90 miles from Cringley, when can we expect interview #2? :)

5. dave on May 5th, 2006 7:57 am

Mike, thanks. It was half an hour, so it’s not like it was just a sound bite. I’d like to keep doing this periodically if he’s up for it. Maybe when season 2 starts up, we’ll do it again. And/or, the next time I go to Charleston for an Uplifter meeting.

Next time, I’ll spend an extra two minutes in the car, checking the Marantz before I ring the bell.

7. chris yale on May 7th, 2006 10:48 am

Great interview dave. I also enjoyed the last song.
    I’ll look for you at the Rivertown Festival if we make it up that way.
    Have a great day!

9. chris yale on May 7th, 2006 10:53 am

Well, I guess I won’t see you at the Festival because it was YESTERDAY! Don’t know how I missed that one. Take it easy Dave.

11. Thaed on May 7th, 2006 11:54 am

One of the news sites that’s on Popurls put up Cringely’s whole ’98 flap concerning his education like it was new. I can’t find the link now. I didn’t even know the story was 8 years old until I checked out Wikipedia today. Great interview.

Bad Behavior has blocked 2245 access attempts in the last 7 days.