Amateur Means You Do It For Love, My PME Talk

Posted on December 19, 2006
Filed Under podcasting | 8 Comments

Thanks to Darusha who let me know this went live today, I am proud to announce that my talk from the Podcast Expo is now available for download. I’ve already started receiving nice emails from strangers who found it useful. At the risk of auto-horn-tooting, I’d suggest that if you are sick of the word “monetization” in regards to new media, you might want to give this a listen. The whole goal is to affirm every other reason besides cashing checks why someone might engage in creating your own media.

If you listen, please do leave me feedback on how useful this was to you. I use that to help me hone in for future talks, so I hanker for anything I can hear. Positive, negative, I need what I can get. Help a brother out.

Update: I just noticed that I didn’t get this or any of the other recent PME talks in my “all IT Conversations” RSS feed. I guess the Podcast Academy stuff has officially been severed from IT Conversations, or more technically speaking they are now separate and distinct channels of Gigavox programming. Just letting you know, if like me you thought you were actually subscribed but you weren’t.

Tags: ,

Comments

8 Responses to “Amateur Means You Do It For Love, My PME Talk”

1. Mark Forman on December 20th, 2006 1:24 am

Hey Dave-listening right now. Good one(so not surprised) were you wearing lucha libre wrestling togs when you gave talk? Happy winter holidays to you and all.

3. Niels on December 20th, 2006 8:15 am
  5. darusha on December 20th, 2006 6:09 pm

Damn. Niels beat me to it. Okay, fine. If you’re not an ITC listener, here’s the feed just for the Podcast Academy stuff:

And as a note, the feed Niels pointed to includes IT Conversations, the Podcast Academy and Open Source Conversations.

7. dave on December 20th, 2006 9:17 pm

Thanks, Niels and Darusha. I went and checked, and I was still subscribed to the original IT Conversations feed – the same one from 2+ years ago.

Mark, thanks for the kind words. Nope, suit coat all the way. I keep the luchadore gear in my reserve for special occasions.

9. roland on December 23rd, 2006 12:36 pm

Hi Dave, I liked your speech a lot and I have to confess that your talk came just at the right time for me. Would have loved to see the faces of the deciples of “monetization” when they listened to your call for more passion.
    Merry Christmas

11. PJ Cabrera on December 24th, 2006 4:46 pm

Dave, I’m downloading your talk, and will be adding it to iTunes, like I did to the one from last year (and like I’ve done with all your interviews that you’ve pointed to on this here blog in the last two years.)

The PME talk from last year is still in the EGC folder iPodder created for your podcast episodes. That’s where I downloaded the talk, and from there dragged it manually to the iPodder EGC folder in iTunes.

According to iTunes, I’ve listened to last year’s talk four times. It was that good. I hope this one is just as good or better. No pressure. :-)

13. Dave Hamilton / Dave The Nerd » Blog Archive » Passionate Podcasters Protect PodCamp (but miss my point) on February 21st, 2007 8:56 am

[...] Clearly not all podcasters are here for the business side of things. I know I didn’t start that way. I know Dave Slusher is here for the love of it, and will continue doing it regardless of whether or not he makes another penny. That’s fantastic, and support all of it, including the folks that are podcasting for both business and personal reasons. [...]

15. Opportunitize, Not Monetize | Garrick Van Buren .com on May 9th, 2007 9:57 pm

[...] Remember the bit from Dave Slusher’s Amateur Means You Do It For Love talk about how podcasting makes conversations and other opportunities happen? Opportunities that wouldn’t happen otherwise? [...]

Bad Behavior has blocked 2214 access attempts in the last 7 days.