EGC Clambake for February 24, 2008

Posted on February 24, 2008
Filed Under audio | 8 Comments

Here is the direct MP3 download for the EGC clambake for February 24, 2008. It is one long speech about the state of the American nation, how we have gone wrong and continue to go wrong, how we have sacrificed the important moral aspects of our nation because we are scared for our safety; how we have a choice and it might be the last choice we ever get; I play a song by Camper Van Beethoven and deliver my eulogy for the nation I thought I once lived in.

You can subscribe to this podcast feed via RSS. To sponsor the show, contact BackBeat Media. Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package. This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5. Links mentioned in this episode:

Tags:

Comments

8 Responses to “EGC Clambake for February 24, 2008”

1. Ken Nelson on February 24th, 2008 3:10 pm

Man, that was powerful. Sad, true, but powerful.
    Thanks for not making a partisan political speech. Where do we start to reclaim this country? Whatever the start entails, whatever the burden is, we must all carry on and make America what she should be. If there are any good ideas on Independence 2.0, count me in. I’m all ears. It’s the actions that matter, though, and I’ll do my best to act.

-k-

3. Eric on February 24th, 2008 5:41 pm

First off I hope you feel better (and I am talking about your physical illness here) soon. Second, you comments got me to pull out my records… ok, ok, MP3 (and yes I own the CDs) by a texas band called The Staggers… lastly, it’s dark out there, really dark… but for me there is always a ray of light… as slight and as shimmering as it might be…. it’s there. I don’t know what’s going to fix this country, what I can see is that we are living in times when there are social and economic forces that are going to make americans face up to all of the non-sustainable practices and lifestyles that we have become addicted to..

5. Robert on February 24th, 2008 9:18 pm

Your not alone.We can get through this slowly. It took some time to get to this very low point. This Bill Hicks clip is worth holding on to….tinyurl.com/yobqfq…Dave take care of yourself you are the only Dave Slusher we got and I care for that guy.

7. James Slusher on February 24th, 2008 11:27 pm

Bravo. I’m with you all the way.

I love you.

9. Ken Kennedy on February 25th, 2008 2:54 pm

Thanks, Dave. Well said.

11. Adam Ritenour on February 25th, 2008 5:20 pm

I have been listening to your podcast from the very beginning and you have once again nailed it. Hit it right out of the park. Please don’t run away from this country. People like you are the only ones holding this ship together. We can turn the ship around but it’s going to take time and you are not alone. If we all speak the truth long enough eventually we will be heard. Thank you for what you do.

13. mike dunn on March 2nd, 2008 8:12 am

one of the things i’ve always liked about your podcasts dave is your exposure of heart & soul…

james p hogan wrote a story called “murphy’s war” – http://www.variantfrequencies.com/2008/02/26/murphys-war/ – it hopefully will bring a smile to face & let you know that many others see the political forest for the trees…

15. I still have some hope for America « Andy’s blog on April 29th, 2008 5:24 am

[...] nearly blogged about a lengthy rant from Dave Slusher when I heard it, but I slacked off and eventually forgot about it until today. At the time, I [...]