If you are going to Greensboro this weekend for Converge South, don’t forget that we are doing a spontaneous make up day to fill in the hole left by BlogHer when they cancelled their Saturday session. Kelby Carr has organized a morning of panels and I have disorganized an afternoon of hands-on workshops. The afternoon will have two rooms running, one focused on blogging and new media and the other on audio and video. There will be presentations in the rooms, with lots of time allowed for questions and some fiddling. Some of the sessions we have set up:
- ~ 1 PM to 1: 30 PM – Mur Lafferty will be presenting on how to create a community with new media (Mur has to leave shortly after so if you want to see and talk to her, do it sooner rather than later)
- Dan Conover and Janet Edens will be presenting on how to use blogs and social media to replicate some of the value of traditional media
- Don Lewis will be presenting how to green screen compositing for video (I really wanted this one because is the session I most need personally)
- Jared Smith will be doing a demonstration on how he does weather broadcasts via the internet from his home in Charleston
- I’ll be doing a short practicum in how to do phone interviews via Skype in two channels for ease of editing
- If there is something you want to learn to do in new media, come armed with your laptop and there will be someone there to teach you the basic skills.
This is being set up on the fly, and the exact timing will be fluid up until Saturday afternoon. We’ll be adding sessions and arranging things even during the Friday sessions, so it will be more like the PodCamp level. If you’ll be going to the Saturday session (and really, why wouldn’t you netizens?) come talk to me on Friday about your needs. At the BBQ on Friday I’ll probably still be wrangling sessions. We’re showing the new media agility and flexibility by arranging in real time, or just-in-time, or maybe not-quite-in-time. Regardless, come and take part. I guarantee you’ll get something out of it or triple your money back.