Posted on August 21, 2014
Filed Under audio | 8 Comments

In this episode, I celebrate my 10 year anniversary! It’s less a celebration and more of a war of attrition. I also return to my format of yore: I play a song by the Gentle Readers; I talk a little about where the last 10 years of podcasting has taken the medium; I play a song by Paul Melancon; I discuss what has really mattered to me and more importantly who; I play a song by Camper Van Beethoven; the end.

Here is the direct MP3 download for the Evil Genius Chronicles podcast, August 20, 2014

You can subscribe to this podcast feed via RSS. To sponsor the show, contact BackBeat Media. Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package. This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported. Bandwidth for this episode is provided by Cachefly.

Links mentioned in this episode:

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

8 Responses to “Evil Genius Chronicles Podcast for August 20, 2014 – DDOP Day 21: 10 Year Anniversary”

1. Jeff Ratliff on August 21st, 2014 9:46 pm

I am so glad you are still podcasting. There is no way to describe all the tiny bits of pleasure you have injected into my life. You’ve also stayed true to your word that even if only a handful of people listened you’d still do it, as long as it makes you happy.

Few humans have that kind of integrity. My hat is off to you. But really I usually don’t wear a hat.

3. dave on August 22nd, 2014 1:28 pm

Jeff, thanks very much for sticking with it. I’m glad you are still getting something out of it.

And for god’s sake, get a hat, man! That sun is serious business.

5. Shannon Nelson on August 26th, 2014 10:29 pm

Happy anniversary (a few days late…).

7. dave on August 27th, 2014 8:56 am

Thanks Shannon. If it weren’t for the Dog Days of Podcasting, I might not even remember when the day comes around. I have certainly forgotten it in the past.

9. Andrew Herron on September 1st, 2014 6:31 am

I’ve been a listener since almost the beginning – November 2004. Adam Curry was still living in a castle!

I’ve heard every single show since then (although not always immediately, I only got to this one today). I recognised the songs you played from back when you used to play them all the time.

It’s been quite a journey. I’ll keep listening as long as you keep podcasting. You might enjoy this – something I wrote about your show after listening for 2 years, and to be honest it still holds true today :)

Cheers,
    Andy

11. dave on September 2nd, 2014 9:24 am

Andrew, thank you so much. That was a very kind post. I remember reading it years ago but the refresher helps keep my spirits up. I appreciate you sticking with me so long. You are a lifer now!

13. Derek Colanduno on September 5th, 2014 6:46 am

Speaking of Curry…. whatever happened to that guy? :)

15. Andrew Herron on September 6th, 2014 10:35 pm

he… well… listen for yourself:

I kept up with it for a while, but it’s not particularly interesting and often flat-out crazy.