Evil Genius Chronicles Podcast for October 16 2014 – Just Saying Goodbye

Posted on October 20, 2014
Filed Under audio | 8 Comments

In this episode, I spend a long time talking about the casual cruelty imbedded in the way people use the word “just” as in “just don’t work there”; I mention the video that made me stop eating regularly at Jimmy Johns; I talk about PG Holyfield’s memorial service weekend and publicly mourn him and Thomas Peake; I finish by talking a little about Tiny Tiny RSS and why finding RSS feeds to follow was surprisingly difficult for me.

Here is the direct MP3 download for the Evil Genius Chronicles podcast, October 16 2014

Links mentioned in this episode:

You can subscribe to this podcast feed via RSS. To sponsor the show, contact BackBeat Media. Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package. This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported. Bandwidth for this episode is provided by Cachefly.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

8 Responses to “Evil Genius Chronicles Podcast for October 16 2014 – Just Saying Goodbye”

1. Maggie Talford on October 20th, 2014 10:34 am

Argh. Should I watch the Jimmy Johns video? That place is handy when you need a fast to go lunch.

via facebook.com

3. Dave Slusher on October 20th, 2014 10:36 am

I would skip it because it really made me lose my taste for the place. Also, like Chick-Fil-A the less you know about the politics of corporate restaurants the better. You have to maintain plausible deniability.

via facebook.com

5. Chris Yale on October 20th, 2014 10:16 pm

Great episode, Dave. I’m still listening after all these years.

via plus.google.com

7. Chris Yale on October 20th, 2014 10:23 pm

Chris Yale liked this Article on plus.google.com.

9. Dave Slusher on October 20th, 2014 10:27 pm

Thank you for your support. I am glad to have you as a listener and a friend.

via plus.google.com

11. Chris Yale on October 21st, 2014 12:42 am

Chris Yale liked this Article on facebook.com.

13. Derek Coward on October 21st, 2014 8:26 am

Holy cow. I was thinking about doing a show on the word “just” last night while making dinner and the dickishness of the word. Little did I know, Dave had beaten me to it by a few days. I had to stop listening before you really got going, but it freaked me out a little to hear my thoughts coming back to me (said much better than I ever could, damn you). When this meeting is done, I know what I’m going to finish.

via plus.google.com

15. Reed Knight on October 21st, 2014 11:03 am

Reed Knight liked this Article on plus.google.com.