Oh Kroger.com

Posted on December 4, 2014
Filed Under tweets | 10 Comments

Dear Kroger.com,

I did a double take when you rejected my password at account creation. I had to read it twice before I understood the violation was that I entered a password longer than 12 characters. Can I get a “FFS!” then an “Amen!”

Love,
me

Comments

10 Responses to “Oh Kroger.com”

1. Nicholas Mercer on December 4th, 2014 11:52 am

Nicholas Mercer liked this Article on facebook.com.

3. Lilith von Fraumench on December 4th, 2014 11:53 am

Login systems that require REALLY complicated passwords, but refuse long passwords, are a serious beef of mine. Let me type out a simple but long password, and I assure you it’ll be harder to crack than that pseudo-LEET garbage….

via plus.google.com

5. Ray Radlein on December 4th, 2014 12:03 pm

Ray Radlein liked this Article on plus.google.com.

7. Dave Slusher on December 4th, 2014 12:41 pm

I only know 3 passwords: Google, Dropbox, and KeePass. The rest are generated and unique. I suppose if I ever lost access to my KeePass crypt I’d be hosed, but this has worked for me for most of a decade. I have been able to boot myself up on multiple new computers and phones by just knowing those 3, so the system does work. Also, whenever there is a major password crack at a site, I never worry about my accounts being compromised anywhere else from that.

via plus.google.com

9. Allison Gamblin on December 4th, 2014 1:49 pm

Allison Gamblin liked this Article on plus.google.com.

11. Pamela Duncan-Ruble on December 4th, 2014 5:40 pm

Pamela Duncan-Ruble liked this Article on facebook.com.

13. Viv Schubert on December 4th, 2014 6:00 pm

Viv Schubert liked this Article on facebook.com.

15. Heiko Niemeier on December 4th, 2014 6:16 pm

Heiko Niemeier liked this Article on plus.google.com.

17. Sharon Newman Setser on December 4th, 2014 8:25 pm

Sharon Newman Setser liked this Article on facebook.com.

19. Christina Major on December 6th, 2014 2:27 am

My health insurance’s invoicing password required a password that was between 6 and 8 characters.   o_o

via plus.google.com