The Things I Know

Posted on January 5, 2015
Filed Under tv | 7 Comments

3f958f8d0e4038a4c5cc4724b289f623

There is so much pop culture knowledge from the last 5-15 years that just eludes me now. I have officially hit that age where I respond to most issues of recent pop culture with the middle-aged guy “Whaaa?”

One exception is that I am – if not against my will without really trying – learning a lot about which resident of Pixie Hollow is which, what color uniform each member of the Paw Patrol wears, which Octonaut is which, Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First and Chuggington. The list goes on. And on.

A second exception occurred today in the gym. Although I have never in my life watched an episode of General Hospital, I glanced up at one of the televisions and thought “Is that Wally Kurth in bed with Nancy Lee Grahn? When did that sort of thing start happening?”

I know the dumbest shit.

PS – I got a weird and inexplicable thrill from adding the WordPress tag for “wally kurth” to this post. Is there a lot of kurth in the metadata of the blogosphere?

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

7 Responses to “The Things I Know”

1. Darlene Lawson Slusher on January 5th, 2015 9:48 pm

You’re showing your soap opera roots there. http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/lilafl1.html

via facebook.com

3. Dave Slusher on January 5th, 2015 9:50 pm

When Stephen Schnetzer showed up on Season 5 of The Wire, I was over the moon.

via facebook.com

5. Darlene Lawson Slusher on January 5th, 2015 9:51 pm

I love me some Nancy Lee Grahn by the way.

via facebook.com

7. Daniel Boyd on January 5th, 2015 10:29 pm

Daniel Boyd liked this Article on plus.google.com.

9. Author Frederick Jones on January 6th, 2015 12:18 am

Author Frederick Jones liked this Article on plus.google.com.

11. Mary Gibson on January 6th, 2015 7:49 pm

Hate to tell you, but even your truly impressive soap actor expertise is middle aged guy…. I’m such a dinosaur, I remember using my now-obsolete VCR to tape the now obsolete Guiding Light. Just one more thing I won’t be able to explain to my kids.

via facebook.com

13. Dave Slusher on January 6th, 2015 9:13 pm

Mary Gibson I really only know two soap operas. I was an NBC specialist. I know a good bit about Days of Our Lives pre-2000, and some about Another World. Any actors or actresses who never showed up on one of those are off my radar. We also used to tape them on VHS. It could be worse, it could be Betamax.

via facebook.com