Bag of Holding

Posted on January 22, 2015
Filed Under conventions | 11 Comments

1a1d_bag_of_holding_con-survival_ed_updated

I in no way need another bag. I have multiple backpacks provided by employers on top of the various ones purchased myself. In addition I have multiple bags that come from conferences. I have so many that I have taken to setting different ones up for different contexts. I have the backpack I take for work and work travel; I have the backpack for personal travel; I have the backpack for taking the child out to events; I have the messenger bag I like to take when I am riding my bike.

That said, despite my complete lack of need for such a thing, I find this Think Geek bag purpose built for taking to SF and comic conventions to be crazy sweet. The whole reason why I mix and match my bags is that none of them are perfect. Some have the water bottle mesh side pockets, some have the laptop compartments and the inner pocket with lots of pen and pencil slots. I love the idea of taking the needs of a specific event and crafting a bag to address it. I have probably taken all of my backpacks to some convention or another and none are perfect. And it is only $30 so not even expensive.

But I don’t need it. Really I don’t. Really. I don’t. Need it.

Tags:

Comments

11 Responses to “Bag of Holding”

1. James Slusher on January 22nd, 2015 5:19 pm

James Slusher liked this Article on facebook.com.

3. Mitch Wagner on January 22nd, 2015 6:08 pm

Mitch Wagner liked this Article on plus.google.com.

5. Rob Usdin on January 22nd, 2015 6:34 pm
  7. Richard Bensam on January 22nd, 2015 7:03 pm

Richard Bensam liked this Article on plus.google.com.

9. Kevin Crosby on January 22nd, 2015 7:30 pm

Yes. You needs it.

via plus.google.com

11. Dave Slusher on January 22nd, 2015 7:56 pm

Rob Usdin That seems less compelling to me because while useful enough I would still need a back. Just the hoodie by itself wouldn’t be sufficient for me at a con. If I still need a bag anyway, dropping $70 for a garment isn’t that appealing. Mileage may vary if you carry less crap than me at your average con.

via facebook.com

13. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on January 22nd, 2015 7:56 pm

15. Gareth Williams on January 22nd, 2015 8:12 pm

Maxpedition bags are what you seek.

via facebook.com

17. Doc Coleman on January 23rd, 2015 12:22 pm

I have one of these to use as a con kit. It rocks. It is roomy enough to pack the stuff you need to carry around all day, but small and light enough to not get in the way while doing so. With my previous bag of holding, the bag would become a shapeless lump and I would spend a lot of time looking for stuff. With this bag, it is easy to find everything. It rocks. I just need more Velcro patches to put on the outside.

via plus.google.com

19. Doc Coleman on January 23rd, 2015 12:38 pm

Doc Coleman liked this Article on plus.google.com.

21. Dave Slusher on January 23rd, 2015 3:32 pm

Oh +Doc Coleman first hand positive experience! Nooooo! But I don’t really need it. But …

via plus.google.com