Posted on August 11, 2015
Filed Under tweets | 9 Comments

Until the second trailer I was literally the only person in this showing of Ant-

9 Responses to “Ant-Man”

1. Mark Rizzn Hopkins Mark Rizzn Hopkins on August 11th, 2015 9:39 pm

Fantastic show. If you like superhero movies, and you liked “Knocked Up,” you’ll like Ant Man.

3. Richard Musterer Richard Musterer on August 11th, 2015 9:52 pm

I once had the entire theatre to myself for a matinee of “Say Anything” in Augusta, Ga.

5. PJ Cabrera PJ Cabrera on August 11th, 2015 11:38 pm

That’s commitment!

7. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on August 11th, 2015 11:38 pm

I did like it a lot. The fact that the stakes were more personal and less giant things falling out of the sky helped. Also, as a guy who had to try to get his daughter to sleep in time to make it to that showing, I had a lot of resonance with the story.

Richard Musterer that doesn’t surprise me. As I just told the story on the podcast today, my brother and I saw “Krush Groove” in the theater in Augusta and it was packed. Augusta is more of a “Krush Groove” place than a “Say Anything” place. Also, my friends and I also had a theater to ourselves in Augusta for a showing of “D.A.R.Y.L”, but that would have happened anywhere someone actually showed up.

9. Richard Musterer Richard Musterer on August 12th, 2015 6:45 am

From the “tree falling in an empty forest” standpoint, I’ve always wondered if they would have run the movie if I hadn’t gone that day. Or maybe stopped it after one reel if no one was in there watching.

11. J. Steven York on August 12th, 2015 1:41 am

So, did they sit right next to you and talk through the whole thing? That’s my typical experience with semi-private showings…

— via

13. J. Steven York on August 12th, 2015 2:52 am

J. Steven York liked this Article on

15. Dave Slusher on August 12th, 2015 6:36 am

Pretty much. I sat dead center, the bottom row of the back as the stadium seats start to rise. They were maybe 2 rows back and a few seats over and did talk a whole lot. There was a point where I considered getting up and moving closer just to not hear them.

— via

17. J. Steven York on August 12th, 2015 7:49 pm

There’s a doctorate thesis for somebody on why this happens.One thing I like about our town is that we have theaters built for the weekend tourist crowds, and during the week and through most of the winter, they’re pretty deserted, and you can frequently get a private screening. But there’s frequently the person who shows up late, often well into the trailers, and they inevitably, of all the empty seats in the theater, sit a row or two behind you, then proceed to jabber like they hadn’t realized there was a movie going on.  Back me up on this, +Kristine Kathryn Rusch and +Chris York!

— via