Party Time

Posted on August 15, 2015
Filed Under tweets | 10 Comments

This is the New Yorkiest, Jerseyiest party I have been to in a long time.

Comments

10 Responses to “Party Time”

1. Viv Schubert Viv Schubert on August 15th, 2015 6:21 pm

Is that good or bad?

3. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on August 15th, 2015 6:30 pm

It is what it is. Entertaining at the very least.

5. Gareth Williams Gareth Williams on August 15th, 2015 7:19 pm

Ouch. Sorry, man.

7. Rob Usdin Rob Usdin on August 15th, 2015 8:14 pm

I cannot apologize for the Jerseyans. We are what we are.

9. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on August 15th, 2015 10:12 pm

It was fun but that was the greatest density of that accent I have experienced at this latitude.

11. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on August 16th, 2015 8:26 pm

Chris Campbell There was a point in my Merck days when if I wanted a good career path it would have almost certainly required moving to Rahway. I have spent a week or two of my life around there, and maybe 2 hours total in NYC.

13. Rob Usdin Rob Usdin on August 16th, 2015 8:30 pm

Rahway is a pit. If you worked in Rahway you most certainly would have lived in a nicer part of Jersey. Which then requires a commute. Personally I’m partial to central NJ, right near Princeton and an hour from NYC and Philly, but it sure ain’t for everyone.

15. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on August 16th, 2015 8:35 pm

As I often do, I broke off from my coworkers one night while up there and took the rental car down to New Brunswick to have dinner by myself and comic book shop somewhere near campus. It was nice.

17. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on August 16th, 2015 8:36 pm

Also, this was back when that required looking venues up in the Yellow Pages then finding them on a map.

19. Rob Usdin Rob Usdin on August 16th, 2015 8:38 pm

Wow. New Brunswick is nice enough. But – you’re definitely more of a laid back guy, where you are now probably suits you better!