New Low

Posted on August 20, 2015
Filed Under tweets | 22 Comments

I just saw a weight under 180 lbs for the first time since I was 24, half my life ago.

22 Responses to “New Low”

1. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on August 20th, 2015 2:30 pm

It was a post-gym, pre-lunch weight so not what I am recording for the day since I only use the first weight of the day for that. Still, there is a good chance I wake up tomorrow in the 170s.

3. Justin Diehl Justin Diehl on August 20th, 2015 2:30 pm

Kickass! Keep up the awesome work.

5. Rodrigo Stulzer Rodrigo Stulzer on August 20th, 2015 2:41 pm

7. J. Steven York on August 20th, 2015 2:48 pm

J. Steven York liked this Article on

9. Debra Crader Davitt Debra Crader Davitt on August 20th, 2015 2:58 pm

CONGRATS!! I’m wearing a size 6 for the first time in my life so I KNOW how GREAT you feel!!! KEEP IT UP … I mean KEEP IT DOWN!!!

11. Viv Schubert Viv Schubert on August 20th, 2015 3:00 pm

You’re making me reconsider the brainless plan of following Weight Watchers program. Other than weight loss, (CONGRATS by the way!!!!!) what is the biggest benefit you’ve gotten from the program you’re using, if you don’t mind me asking?

13. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on August 20th, 2015 3:20 pm

It’s extremely easy to follow. In the first 6 week phase, you weigh nothing and count nothing. It defines what you can and can’t eat (and drink) and within that you eat until you aren’t hungry then you stop. In the rest of your life phase, it’s a little trickier in that you have 200 discretionary calories you can use for anything each day. It takes some care to make sure you don’t use those 200 calories over and over.

I mostly eat the same salad for lunch- usually spinach, sometimes romaine – with some of: mushrooms, tomato, avocado, carrots, bell peppers, cucumber. Exact ingredients change day to day with what is in the house. I add flax seed, raw sunflower seeds and some kind of canned beans (reduced sodium if possible). Sometimes I use balsamic vinegar, sometimes the ranch dressing made with tofu that is in the book.

15. Robert Smith Robert Smith on August 20th, 2015 3:28 pm

How are you doing

17. Brandon Toms Brandon Toms on August 20th, 2015 3:32 pm

Darlene Lawson Slusher… your husband weighs less than me. . Let that sink in

19. Darlene Lawson Slusher Darlene Lawson Slusher on August 20th, 2015 3:40 pm

Wow! At this rate he might weigh less than me by the end of the year.

21. Richard Bensam on August 20th, 2015 4:46 pm

Richard Bensam liked this Article on

23. Chris Yale Chris Yale on August 20th, 2015 6:46 pm

Far out!

25. Grant Baciocco on August 20th, 2015 7:02 pm

Grant Baciocco liked this Article on

27. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on August 20th, 2015 8:27 pm

I may have undone my dreams of < 180 lbs tomorrow with a trip to Big D's BBQ Trough tonight. Even though I went light on the meat and ate mostly cabbage and greens and lima beans, it's salty enough that I may tick up tomorrow. I think I have enough of a handle on this plan that I feel confident that despite upticks the trend will continue downward.

There is only so much raw spinach you can eat! It was worth it for a little chicken bog, a spare rib and small portions of bbq.

29. HaldeCraft on August 20th, 2015 9:05 pm

HaldeCraft liked this Article on

31. Heiko Ludwig on August 21st, 2015 5:10 am

Heiko Ludwig liked this Article on

33. Grand Strand Bloggers » Blog Archive » Grand Strand Blog Roundup for 08/21/15 on August 21st, 2015 6:04 am

[…] Evil Genius Chronicles: New Low […]

35. Johnny Calhoun Johnny Calhoun on August 21st, 2015 7:10 am

Great job brother. Hope you are doing well.

37. Ken Kennedy Ken Kennedy on August 21st, 2015 7:48 am

Congrats, Dave! Great job!

39. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on August 21st, 2015 8:31 am

Thanks everyone. I did take a BBQ hit, I was up 1.5 this morning but it will keep trending down. Now I have 175 in view!

41. Nicole Maher Nicole Maher on August 22nd, 2015 8:31 am

Congratulations and so happy for you!!

43. Hugh Hubble Hugh Hubble on August 23rd, 2015 5:07 pm

After -70 lbs, I’ve plateaued between 165-170. I have been here a couple of months. I think I’ll give those last 20 lbs a go and then go shopping. You have accomplished a lot! Great job.