Questions for Podcasters

Posted on October 3, 2015
Filed Under podcasting | 9 Comments

Hey fellow podcasters,

I am setting up two new podcast sites right now. I get to start over clean without all the cruft of my EGC site. If you had to do it all over again, what WordPress podcasting plugin would you use? I have tried a number of them over time and am not sure which one to start over with. Powerpress? Podcasting TSG? Podlove? I am using Podpress on EGC and it is fine but I many not know what I am missing.

Thanks friends.

Tags: ,

9 Responses to “Questions for Podcasters”

1. Derek Coward Derek Coward on October 3rd, 2015 9:51 am

PowerPress is what I use for 39 of my 40 podcast sites.

3. Garrick van Buren Garrick van Buren on October 3rd, 2015 9:52 am

I recently re-looked at all the podcasting plugins (even the one I wrote a decade ago) , I ended up just adding a few methods to the functions.php file.

5. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on October 3rd, 2015 1:27 pm

That is more hardcore than I am willing to go. I want someone else paying attention to security and features and updating now and then.

7. Chiaki Hinohara Chiaki Hinohara on October 3rd, 2015 10:42 am

PowerPress is the one I use as well

9. Grant Baciocco on October 3rd, 2015 11:24 am

I uses powerpress on all my sites. I like it and the support is great, though rarely needed.

— via

11. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on October 3rd, 2015 1:28 pm

OK guys, thanks. I will give PowerPress a shake. I’m curious if anyone has used PodLove.. It seems to have a lot more features than I’m generally in the market for.

13. Dave Slusher on October 3rd, 2015 1:30 pm

That is the same answer I have gotten from everyone so that solves that for me. I expected at least one person to mention PodLove but like Flattr that seems to be more of a European thing.

— via

15. Jeremy on October 8th, 2015 5:06 am

Did you consider NOT using WordPress? Just curious.

17. dave on October 8th, 2015 8:31 am

No, I didn’t consider that. What would be an alternative with a similar ease of use, availability of functionality through plugins, etc?