Lunch, Eat to Live Style

Posted on April 11, 2016
Filed Under life | 9 Comments

Big Ass Salad

For those curious about what it is like on the Eat to Live plan, this is my typical lunch. I can’t actually eat the whole thing, it usually takes two sittings to consume all that and sometimes three. It is spinach, roma tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, avocados, carrots, mushrooms, raw sunflowers seeds, a sprinkling of flax seed, and topped with a bean (I lean toward various white beans.) Recently I’ve started adding a small jalapeño to the mix, since it acts as a natural appetite suppressant.

When I talk about how I am never hungry on this plan, this is why. It is a pretty enormous amount of nutritious and tasty food.

Tags:

Comments

9 Responses to “Lunch, Eat to Live Style”

1. Dan Lawrie Dan Lawrie on April 11th, 2016 9:12 pm

Maybe add some bacon

3. Paul Fischer Paul Fischer on April 12th, 2016 4:10 am

Bacon makes any vegetarian dish better.

5. Mike Dunn Mike Dunn on April 11th, 2016 11:38 pm

that is awesome!

7. Paul Fischer Paul Fischer on April 12th, 2016 4:10 am

Serious question: doesn’t all that give you gas?

9. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on April 12th, 2016 8:47 am

Serious answer: yes

11. Hilary Jaffe Hilary Jaffe on April 12th, 2016 12:08 pm

Is there a recipe associated with this, or did you just throw it together?

13. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on April 12th, 2016 12:13 pm

I kind of threw it together. When I first started the plan, I was using a recipe from the book for ranch dressing that uses silken tofu as the creamy element. Over time, I dropped the dressing and now I eat the salads I make dry or elsewhere I just put vinegar on.

This salad is a 1 lb bag of spinach from Kroger, 1 bell pepper diced, 1/2 a cucumber, 3 roma tomatoes sliced (roma because they are kind of oblong and easier to deal with), 1 carrot sliced, 1 8 oz box of pre-sliced mushrooms, 1 tbsp of flax seed, a few tbsp of raw unsalted sunflowers, 1 jalapeño sliced (seeds left in), 1 avocado sliced, and 1 can of cannellini beans.

15. Hilary Jaffe Hilary Jaffe on April 12th, 2016 12:14 pm