LG I Knew Better

Posted on September 21, 2016
Filed Under handhelds | 10 Comments

I got an LG G2 in Jan – by Oct it was unusable. I got an LG G4 in Jan – it’s approaching unusable.

Tags:

Comments

10 Responses to “LG I Knew Better”

1. David Jacobs David Jacobs on September 21st, 2016 11:20 am

I would suggest a One Plus One. Not part of any evil empire and as close to stock Android unless you go for an actual Google Phone. Great reviews.

3. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on September 21st, 2016 11:22 am

The ones paid for by work have a pretty limited set available. If I pay for one, I would definitely go One Plus Three (or whatever at the time.)

5. David Jacobs David Jacobs on September 21st, 2016 11:24 am

Depending on your choices, I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S6. It’s been good, except for battery life, which is just ok.

7. Richard Musterer Richard Musterer on September 22nd, 2016 8:22 am

One Plus One has been very good for me. I don’t feel any need to upgrade but would readily stay with One Plus if I were to get a new one.

9. David Jacobs David Jacobs on September 21st, 2016 11:28 pm

I thought 4.7 was as large as I would ever want to go but I’m loving the 5.1 of this Samsung. You really get used to it. It doesn’t feel overly big at all. But yes the screen size race has gotten out of hand.

11. Hugh Brackett Hugh Brackett on September 22nd, 2016 3:26 pm

Yesss SSSamsung SSS7. SSSo big. SSSo pretty. SSSo bright. SSSo—SSShiny.

13. Gareth Williams Gareth Williams on September 22nd, 2016 12:22 pm

I have had a g3 since they came out, and have just given the upgrade phones to my wife as I am not letting go of it.

15. Darlene Lawson Slusher Darlene Lawson Slusher on September 23rd, 2016 1:04 pm

I have a G2 that I’ve had all this time too, Gareth. I only upgrade when I absolutely have to, and I’ve never had a problem with mine. Lucky, I guess.

17. Dave Slusher Dave Slusher on September 22nd, 2016 3:54 pm

My System UI keeps crashing. Factory reset has not fixed this. I had weird problems with the G2 that ended up with me sending it to the repair facility twice. I begged them to send me a refurb and just take that back (not even a new one) and they wouldn’t do it. So they took my phone, refurbed it and sent it back but with me not having it for a month. I knew their customer service was dodgy but I had limited options of free phones that work will provide. I may have to start paying for these damn things.

19. Hugh Brackett Hugh Brackett on September 22nd, 2016 4:07 pm

Some kinds of phone problems will preclude them giving you back the same phone. It would be most unfortunate if some sort of severe physical damage were to occur to the phone.