Found and Found

I believe all the missing posts are back. A small change to the Perl script that parsed the TXT files, and I was able to reclaim the posts from the HTML. I added in redirections the .htaccess for the newly processed files and I should be entirely back in bidness again. I’m not 100% sure that I don’t want to reduplicate what I just did for all the HTML files, not just the ones from which I’m missing source. Because BlogMax did do some beneficial things in the txt->html conversion (turning newlines into paragraph tags, for example) the formatting is better. The only downer is that until I categorize posts I might have some duplicates. I think I can live with that.

Published by


Dave Slusher is a blogger, podcaster, computer programmer, author, science fiction fan and father. Member of the Podcast Hall of Fame class of 2022.