Lost and Found

I realized last night that the blosxom version of this weblog is missing almost two months of posts. A few months back when I had one of the hard drive crashes, my weblog directory on the home linux box was one of the affected areas. I didn’t worry too much about it, since I already had processed the source TXT files to the BlogMax HTML files. Now I realize that I need a companion to my original script that parsed the entries out of the TXT and do the same for HTML. That way I can recover the missing days. It’s a pain in the ass, though.

The next blosxom plugin I think I’m going for is the one that lets you edit files while keeping the original timestamp. Right now, everything older than yesterday has “No Title” for a title. I’d like to add titles to some of these entries, but that would make everything pop to the day on which I edit it. Eventually, this will become an issue if I fix typos or what have you. I don’t want to have to touch ever file back to the original timestamp after I edit it. Life is too short.

Published by


Dave Slusher is a blogger, podcaster, computer programmer, author, science fiction fan and father. Member of the Podcast Hall of Fame class of 2022.