In this episode, I play a Valley Lodge song;I talk about fun stuff I’m doing lately, including 3D printing and setting up Octoprint; Gambody has some cool free models available for printing face masks; my family is slowly warming to having a house filled with IoT smart devices; I am coalescing on a few makers of smart devices; not all voice assistants are created equal; I’m falling out of love with the cheap Chinese IoT devices; I should have sympathy for the New York publishers who are in business troubles but I really don’t; they’ve had decades to find a way to work with e-publishing but they didn’t so you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit.
Here is the direct MP3 download for the Evil Genius Chronicles podcast, April 7 2020.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Support this show on Patreon
- Valley Lodge’s main page
- Buy the album Semester at Sea from Amazon
- Buy the song “Comin’ Around” by Valley Lodge from Amazon
- Creality Ender 3 Pro at Amazon
- Octoprint open source 3D printer control
- Octolapse Octoprint plugin
- Thingiverse – free and open source 3D models
- Gambody – non-free but high quality 3D models
- Free face masks from Gambody
- Innovator’s Dilemma is $16.49 in Kindle proving my point for me
- Auphonic podcast production tool is so good!
- Sponsor: Linode Go to linode.com/egc for your $20 credit!
- Theme song provided by the Gentle Readers
You can subscribe to this podcast feed via RSS. To sponsor the show, contact BackBeat Media. Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package. This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported. Bandwidth for this episode is provided by Cachefly.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download