In this episode, I play a song by Colleen Green; I have failed at Bullet Journaling; no organizational system can do my tasks for me; a notecard is the best to-do handler I’ve used in a long time; sending books to Open Library is doing wonders for my clutter; Hachette is suing them for making my life easier; I bet on Amazon and against New York publishing in 2008 and won that bet; publishers will always hate their biggest revenue source; we are in a post-content world; I use EreaderIQ to not pay $18 for a Kindle book; I use CamelCamelCamel to wait for lower prices on anything in Amazon; the listeners weighed in on their FIRE journeys and we all have screwed it up in some way; spend your retirement any way you want to and I won’t judge you.
Here is the direct MP3 download for the Evil Genius Chronicles podcast, September 2 2021.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Support this show on Patreon
- Colleen Green’s Bandcamp
- Buy Colleen Green’s album I Want To Grow Up album at Amazon
- Buy Colleen Green’s song “Grind My Teeth” at Amazon
- Bullet Journal
- Open Library
- EFF writes up the Hachette vs Internet Archive lawsuit
- Ereader IQ
- Retirement Starts Today Radio
- ChooseFI episode 338
- Mur Lafferty’s web home
- My Keybase account
- Subscribe to the shared RSS from my own TTRSS install
- Auphonic podcast production tool is so good!
- Theme song provided by the Gentle Readers
You can subscribe to this podcast feed via RSS. To sponsor the show, contact BackBeat Media. Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package. This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported. Bandwidth for this episode is provided by Cachefly.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download