In this episode, I play a song by Doctor Israel; I am having a surprisingly good summer; shooting off fireworks was so much fun; our stupid inflatable pool is actually kind of great; not playing all-star softball changes your summer; the older big names in comic books can charge quite a lot for autographs; Michael Golden autographs gave me buyer’s remorse; I am camping by myself this summer; I was tempted by the boat-in camping spots; I traveled for work and never really cared; the idea that you must travel internationally to be well-rounded is classist; sacrificing personal life for your job will never be rewarded in proportion to what you give up; build yourself a healthy savings cushion so you don’t have to suffer with jobs you hate.
Here is the direct MP3 download for the Evil Genius Chronicles podcast, July 14 2023.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Support this show on Patreon
- Use coupon code EGC50 to save 50% on delicous meals from Factor
- Buy the album Inna City Pressure by Dr. Israel at Bandcamp
- Jim Mahfood’s Skull Funk Radio
- The Intex inflatable pool we own
- Hero Initiative
- Devils Fork State Park in South Carolina
- Bullshit Jobs by David Graeber on Bookwyrm
- Saving Time by Jenny Odell on Bookwyrm
- How To Do Nothing by Jenny Odell on Bookwyrm
- Follow this website on Mastodon at @dave@evilgeniuschroniclesorg
- Join the EGC Discordhh
- Follow me on Mastodon @firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com is my Bookwyrm account
- My Keybase account
- Subscribe to the shared RSS from my own TTRSS install
- Auphonic podcast production tool is so good!
- Theme song provided by the Gentle Readers
You can subscribe to this podcast feed via RSS. To sponsor the show, contact BackBeat Media. Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package. This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported. Bandwidth for this episode is provided by Cachefly.