We go around the podosphere in this episode. I play a song from Sufjan Stevens and talk about the sentimental feelings it invokes in me; I play a bunch of clips – Richard Dawkins on In Our Time; Nando Parrado from the Authors on Tour podcast; Michael Apted from KCRW’s The Treatment; Kathan Brown on IT Conversations; Dan the Automator from RU Sirius; Steve Blush and Paul Rachman from RU Sirius; a speech from Something to Be Desired; a web 2.0 commercial from Hak.5; and finally a snippet from Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase. I follow it up with a song by Michelle Malone and then hit the Nyquil and go back to bed.
Today’s misstatements: I refer to the host of In Our Time as “Melvyn Peake” when he is in fact “Melvyn Bragg”. I say that Hak.5 is from Toronto when it is really from Virginia.
You can subscribe to this feed via RSS.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Sufjan Stevens
- Asthmatic Kitty store where you can buy Sufjan albums
- In Our Time on BBC
- Altruism espisode of In Our Time
- Authors on Tour podcast
- Nando Parrado from Authors on Tour
- KCRW’s The Treatment
- Michael Apted on The Treatment
- Kathan Brown on IT Conversations
- RU Sirius show
- Dan the Automator on RU Sirius
- Steve Blush and Paul Rachman on RU Sirius
- Something to Be Desired web TV series
- Something to Be Desired, Season One – Episode 4 – where the speech came from
- Hak.5 Episode with the Web 2.0 commercial
- Betty in the Sky with a Suitcase
- Betty’s Bombshell episode
- Michelle Malone
- Buy Michelle Malone stuff
- Sign my Frappr Map!