In this episode, I play a song by Mark Lanegan; I discuss a little about my investing life and how I once used Motley Fool and how I have changed strategies; how to think about the FIRE movement and how that means you can retire, work or do whatever you want; M1 Finance is a good tool for small amounts of periodic saving; the Playing with FIRE documentary is good but I didn’t need the narrative so much; FIRE movement is all about knowing your FI date; I wanted to be at FI in 2021 but without any math supporting it; talking about money shouldn’t be such a taboo; reach out and tell me where your journey is.
Here is the direct MP3 download for the Evil Genius Chronicles podcast, April 29 2021.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Support this show on Patreon
- Buy Mark Lanegan’s Gargoyle album at Amazon
- Buy Mark Lanegan’s song “Beehive” at Amazon
- Playing with FIRE – the financial independence documentary
- Try out M1 Finance (affiliate link that pays us both)
- My Keybase account
- Subscribe to the shared RSS from my own TTRSS install
- Auphonic podcast production tool is so good!
- Theme song provided by the Gentle Readers
You can subscribe to this podcast feed via RSS. To sponsor the show, contact BackBeat Media. Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package. This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported. Bandwidth for this episode is provided by Cachefly.