In this episode, I play a song from Rocket City Riot; the film lifecycle makes crowd-funding movies awful; why are the film backers who rise to the occasion of support always last in line? all that said, the documentary is good; Dr Hal is the first postal correspondent of the Box of Rocks zine; I supported Precursor on Crowd Supply then changed my mind; boy did I love the Sharp Zaurus; I no longer want to do personal travel with a laptop in my bag; I have envy for the next generation of Galago Pro; inSync is my new solution for syncing password files from Linux to OneDrive.
Here is the direct MP3 download for the Evil Genius Chronicles podcast, November 19 2020.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Support this show on Patreon
- Rocket City Riot mainsite
- Buy the Rocket City Riot song “Me and My Baby’s OK” from Amazon
- Watch J.R. “Bob” Dobbs and the Church of the Subgenius on Amazon Video
- Kickstarter for J.R. “Bob” Dobbs and the Church of the
- Hour of Slack
- Atlanta Fantasy Fair
- The Ask Dr Hal Zoom show
- Cory Doctorow’s blog
- Precursor – the open firmware mobile platform
- System 76 Galago Pro
- Review of next generation of the System 76 Galago Pro
- Buy the Joel Fuhrman book Eat to Live from Amazon
- My Keybase account
- Subscribe to the shared RSS from my own TTRSS install
- Auphonic podcast production tool is so good!
- Sponsor: Linode Go to linode.com/egc for your $100 credit!
- Theme song provided by the Gentle Readers
You can subscribe to this podcast feed via RSS. To sponsor the show, contact BackBeat Media. Don’t forget, you can fly your EGC flag by buying the stuff package. This show as a whole is Creative Commons licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported. Bandwidth for this episode is provided by Cachefly.